Podcast & Powerpoint
Description of Technology: Garageband was used to create an mp4 consisting of recordings of my voice and sound clips. It was then uploaded onto podomatic to be distributed. Powerpoint was used to create a slideshow to aid me to in teaching a lesson that consists of "snapshots" of different genres of music throughout western classical music history.
- To be able to name at least one composer and one piece from each historical period.
- To be able to describe musical characteristics from each historical period.
- To be able to aurally identify music from each historical period and name the period in which it comes from.
- To gain a general understanding of how music evolved from the Renaissance onwards.
How it would be used: The podcast can be set as homework. Students can be asked to listen to the podcast at home whilst filling in a worksheet provided to them, consisting of both fill-in-the-blank questions and open ended questions. The powerpoint can be used within the lesson, and will enable class discussions, especially at the last few slides, where opinions may differ when discussing the various forms of 20th century music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Massachusetts Arts Frameworks:
- Purpose and meanings in the arts.
- Roles of artists in communities.
- Concepts of style, stylistic influence, and stylistic change.
- Inventions, technologies, and the arts.
- Interdisciplinary connections.